To primarily support the Lead Pastor in administrative tasks while also serving the larger church in various clerical and logistical duties of the day-to-day operations within the church. The Administrative Assistant role encompasses developing efficient and strategic methods of supporting the Lead Pastor and various ministry leaders in accomplishing the vision of Gingrichs Mennonite.
We are looking for a person who exhibits the following three traits:
• Humble—willing to listen to others and admit they do not have all the answers.
• Hungry—possesses energy and drive to do their work with excellence. Takes initiative to learn and pursue new projects and new opportunities to advance the church in ministry.
• Smart—equipped with both technical skills and people skills. Technical skills include competency with
Microsoft Office suite and social media sites. People skill include someone who demonstrates emotional intelligence and works well with others. They are self-aware and know how their words and actions can impact others on the team.
Administrative Assistant Duties
• Assist Lead Pastor with strategic communication within the church and in the community— website,
social media sites, bulletin board, church mailboxes, emails, and phone calls.
• Maintain regular office hours as agreed upon.
• Responsible for Sunday morning and Special Service prep (Bulletins, PPT, Planning Center, etc)
• Maintain all official records and files. File paperwork when necessary. Including membership records,
weekly attendance, offering through Servant Keeper, child clearances, and cemetery records.
• Provide self-directed research to support initiatives of the Lead Pastor.
• Develop and Manage strategic pathways and action plans based on the priorities, vision, and initiatives of the Lead Pastor
• Represent and be recording secretary for the Lead Pastor in various settings and meetings.
Office Management Duties
• Manage the ministry and building calendar (including rentals of the building)
• Assist volunteers with administrative tasks in support of their various areas of ministry.
• Maintain inventory of office and church supplies, and order supplies as needed.
• Handle incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries.
• Oversee proper maintenance of office equipment.